Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Smash Bros. 3D / U
It's a thing. It's coming. We've known for awhile so it's time to stop pretending. SSB originally brought the community together, so it's only appropriate that a thread is made for the new set of games.

This is everything known so far about the next Smash Bros:
  • Development has JUST started
  • There are two games, one for 3DS and one for Wii U
  • Both are SEPARATE games with unique content and not the same game on two platforms
  • There will be some kind of connectivity feature between the two
  • Masahiro Sakurai is in charge again
  • Namco Bandai is a co-developer with Project Sora

We probably won't hear any news for awhile, so I guess from this point we can speculate or make a wishlist.
I wonder which Namco characters will make it into Smash Bros now....
Some one from the Tekken Series or Soul Calibur (Would be kind of fitting since Link did show up in Soul Calibur 2)?

I'm kind of hoping for KOS-MOS, be kind of cool since Nintendo owns Monolith Soft and Namco published the Xenosaga series.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Pac-man is obviously a given. If anyone else from Namco gets in is up in the air.
I would prefer Klonoa as a character and Pac man as an assist trophy.
--If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? --

--You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.--
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/...6463864832

[Image: Awy-Mp-CIAA9T7V.jpg:large]

It begins.
Link's eyes... they aren't human.
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Now I'm a little less surprised that Namco is being part of the team developing the next Smash Bros. I would like to know why the studio got shut down.

Quote:Kid Icarus: Uprising studio Project Sora closed
Project Sora, the studio responsible for Kid Icarus: Uprising, has closed its doors. A short message on the studio's website, translated by Andriasang, states that the company was closed on June 30 and that the website will shut down on July 31. Project Sora was started by Masahiro Sakurai, the brains behind Super Smash Bros, back in 2009.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, the only title released by the studio, debuted to reasonably strong sales and critical praise this past March. Sakurai is currently working on the next iteration of Smash Bros for the Wii U and 3DS with Namco. We've reached out to Nintendo for more information on Project Sora's closure.
[Image: MedaForce.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E3 2013 thread (MEGAMAN IN SMASH) ClaudeLv250 27 27,080 06-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: ClaudeLv250
  Super Smash Bros u & Super Smash Bros 3DS Info Cap 3 6,393 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Ave
  Super Sony Smash Bros AKA 'PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale' Announced Cap 3 5,684 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Squalliolio