Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2015 thread (June 16th-18th)
It's that time of year again! E3 is a little less than a month out and all the major players have dated their conferences, with a couple of new hats thrown into the ring.

All times are Pacific/Eastern.

June 11th (Thursday)

Oculus VR "Step into the Rift" - Time TBA

June 14th (Sunday)

Nintendo World Championships 2015 - 3/6PM
Bethesda Pre-E3 Showcase - 6:30/9:30PM

June 15th (Monday)

Microsoft Press Conference - 9:30AM/12:30PM
EA Press Conference - 1/4PM
Ubisoft Press Conference - 3/6PM
Sony Press Conference - 6/9PM (if they're on time)

June 16th (Tuesday)

Nintendo Digital Event - 9AM/12PM
Square Enix Conference - 10AM/1PM
Nintendo Treehouse: Live Day 1 - Time TBA
PC Gaming Show - 5/8PM
[Image: MegaManSSB.gif]
I wasn't aware Oculus was part of E3, I though it was separate from it.

Thou honestly at this point I could care less what they do, with HoloLens, Morpheus and SteamVR all on their way out soon I feel Oculus is just to late getting out the door, any moment they did have was really lost after the Facebook buyout.

Can't wait to get my hands on SteamVR when it comes out this holiday. Big Grin
[Image: MedaForce.png]
I don't think Oculus is part of E3 but it's not a coincidence that they scheduled their presentation so close in time. I guess like how Ouya used to be in the parking lot across the street from the convention center.

SE is announcing several games and SO5 is already confirmed to appear. Crossing my fingers for a new Mana - would not be surprised if that was one of the 2nd party productions with Nintendo.

EDIT: Oculus has a booth on the show floor so I guess they are officially part of E3 this year.
So we were bound to get leaks - Dark Souls III, for instance. Fallout 4 was announced and IGN is teasing a gameplay reveal for an unannounced Platinum game. We've got a week to go, I wonder if the leaks will turn into a deluge.

Also, Smash presentation announced for Sunday morning.
Everything I've heard so far:

- Hyrule Warriors 3DS was leaked with Tetra and King of Hyrul as new playable characters in both versions.

- Rumor has it that the New Platinum Game is going to be Nintendo exclusive again

- Retro Studios is Teases something for E3, PLEASE BE METROID, No more Donkey Kong.

- New Chibi-Robo game and new Animal Crossing game will be showed off.

- Mirror's Edge's new name got leaked; Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

- 3rd chapter in the worst Sonic series in history was announced, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

- The Last Guardian is AGAIN being rumored to be showing up.
I believe I may have announced the death of Oculus prematurely, They just announced a partnership with Microsoft and that you can stream XboxOne games to the Oculus, If it indeed works fully with the Xbox and will allow the Xbox One to run VR games, I'm fully on board. Big question is will I still need a beefy computer to use it?
Man, these leaks really are increasing. Roy and Ryu in Smash are all over the place (poor Niko), Dishonored leaked through an open mic, Platinum making Transformers: Devastation, etc. It's actually comical.
Bethesda conference feels like they didn't have enough content for an actual conference. Too much time on Doom, not enough on Dishonored, etc. Everything was a known quantity, they came out of the gate giving everyone exactly what they expected (or maybe a little less). I saw a bit of a backlash once they got to Fallout 4.
MS press con:
- Recore was the most interesting thing there and it was a CGI trailer. They're tooting Armature development and it's coming out in less than a year but they decide not to show actual gameplay? MS has their priorities straight.
- Rare replay collection announced and that crowd could not give any less of a shit. I care, Rare. I care.
- Speaking of Rare, that Sea of Thieves trailer was giving me Project Dream vibes. Looks a lot less interesting than I would have thought.
- I'm not into Gears of War, and the Gears 4 showcase did nothing to change that.
- No Call of Duty. The Sony rumors must be true!
- Rise of the Tomb Raider looks more interesting to me than the first reboot game did.

Overall a meh conference. Not a surprise because I think I say that every year.
Missed Bethesda's conference. But Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4, wohoo! Doom meh.

Watched MS's Good energy for the whole thing. All about the games. I would say it was pretty solid.
> Halo 5 Looks Amazing!
> ReCore Looks cool, can't wait to see more.
> Backwards Compatibility with 360 games! Hell Ya! This was BIG for me, I have a huge backlog of 360 games and a ton of XBLA games, it will be nice to finally be able to disconnect the 360 from my TV.
> Fallout 4 to Support PC Mods! I hope other games follow suit **cough** MineCraft **cough**
> Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Wohoo!
> Forza 6, Dark Souls 3, The Division and Siege **yawn**
> the Indie games were petty cool, can't wait for Cuphead
> Tomb Raider looks amazing, can't wait for it
> Rare collection, meh! I think MS thinks there is more power behind the brand then there really is. This would have been a bigger deal last gen, but now the name Rare doesn't mean anything. Maybe this would have been a bigger deal if they announced a new game too like Banjo 3 or Perfect Dark 2 or BattleToads 2. Seems like a pretty big missed opportunity, specially with Phil Spencer waring the Rare t-shirt..
> Gears 4 (Meh, It looks nice, but I really haven't played Gears since 2)
> Valve team up for VR on Windows 10 is a big plus, and I can't wait to hear more about Oculus support, and the MineCraft on HoloLens looks really cool, really want to play it.

No CoD was surprising. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Switch info and rumor thread ClaudeLv250 9 4,200 10-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Cap
  E3 2016 (June 13th-15th) ClaudeLv250 3 1,686 06-21-2016, 03:20 PM
  E3 2014 thread (Everything was 2015) ClaudeLv250 11 5,885 06-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Last Post: ClaudeLv250
  The Rumor Thread ClaudeLv250 29 15,017 02-07-2014, 12:42 AM
  E3 2013 thread (MEGAMAN IN SMASH) ClaudeLv250 27 12,275 06-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: ClaudeLv250